This privacy notice is available to let you know the information that we, EVOGO Ltd and our trading style Mike Brewer Motors, process about you.
By 'information' we mean personal and financial information contained within the data that we process.
By 'process' we mean anything that we do with the information including collection, use, sharing, storage and deletion.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in our data processing. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with how we process your data.
Who we are
Mike Brewer Motors is a trading company of EVOGO Ltd. EVOGO Ltd provides services to members of the public in respect of car leasing and car sales.
Head Office Address
201 Upwell Street, Sheffield, S4 8AL
0114 250 60 80
ICO Registration Number
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected when we process your data. We may process your data in our role as either a data controller or a data processor:
Processing of customer data (name, address, identification data and financial data) collected from a customer in order to facilitate their leasing or purchase of a motor vehicle.
Processing of customer data collected by one of our suppliers (e.g. Visitor Chat) on behalf of Mike Brewer Motors for the purpose of facilitating purchase of a motor vehicle.
For example: customer data may be processed as audio data (live phone call, call recordings), as text (Email, live chat) or in paper/ electronic image format (customer proof of identity documents).
Customer data collected on behalf of car finance provider companies (lenders), in order to facilitate their approval of an application for vehicle finance or vehicle leasing.
Processing of customer data on behalf of the RAC for the guarantees and breakdown cover that we provide and the extended guarantees that we sell.
This data may be in audio format, electronic text or even in paper/ electronic image format for example: customer proof of identity documents and financial data including credit checks.
Data that we collect
We need your personal data in order to provide you with the goods/services you are applying for. If you do not provide this information, then we will be unable to provide the goods/services advertised. We will not collect any information from you that we do not need in order to provide and oversee the goods/services you are applying for.
- Address and address history
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Employment details
- Proof of identity documents
- Financial information
- Call recordings
- Data that we may collect from third parties:
- Credit history
- Entitlement to drive
- Claims history
- Lifestyle information
- Special category and criminal conviction data:
- Driving convictions
- Driving disqualifications
- Other conviction information
Live chat data
DVLA - Your identity, details of driving convictions and disqualifications.
Our Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
We only collect your information that is necessary for us to enter into a contract with you to provide our services to you.
You, as the data subject, provide your consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes including to communicate with you about our services and to exchange information for warranty/aftersales. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
In order for you to enter into a contract with us for the services that you request from us (car purchase or car leasing) - it is necessary for us to use your information to carry out checks for identity before we provide those services to you.
Data protection law also allows us to use personal information for our genuine and legitimate reasons as long as we respect your rights and freedoms. Such uses include checks to prevent fraud and money laundering. When we rely on our legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing your personal information, we will carefully consider and balance any possible effect this may have on you and your rights.
Additionally, some of the information that we collect may also help us develop new and improved products and services to meet our customers' needs. If we use your data for these secondary purposes then we either obtain your consent or anonymise the data so that it no longer contains information that can identify you.
What we will do with customers' information
All the personal data we hold about you will be processed by our staff and systems in the United Kingdom. Your information may be passed to third parties, where required, to provide the goods/services you have applied for, as well as where there is a legal obligation for us to provide third parties with this information e.g. The FCA or The Police, to prevent, detect, investigate and prosecute fraud and alleged fraud, money laundering and other crimes, and to confirm your identity.
We will use your data to process your application for goods/services provided by us. This processing will include some or all of the below:
Purchasing or leasing a motor vehicle
Establishing your identity
We collect proof of identity information, payment card or other customer payment information and driving licence information in order to establish your identity as part of selling or leasing you a motor vehicle.
Facilitating your request for car finance quotations
Automated decision making
- We will share your information with a credit brokerage or directly with funders, who may use automatic decision making as part of the funding decision process.
- This may involve automatically requesting information from credit reference agencies (CRAs) and using this data along with the other data provided to assess your suitability for the goods/services requested.
- To request a manual review of your application please contact your funder/ credit broker.
Customer Services and Administration of our Services
Call recording and monitoring
We may monitor or record calls, emails, SMS messages or other communications for:
- Quality control and training
- Processing necessary for entering into or performance of a contract
- Ensuring effective operation of systems
- Meeting our regulatory obligations
- Prevention or detection of crime
- For the legitimate interests of the data controller
After transaction processing
- We may conduct after-transaction surveys, via an independent third-party survey company. Some of your data may be passed to our supplier to allow us to improve our products and services.
- We use a third-party email marketing company to run marketing campaigns. If you consent to us marketing to you, and we run a marketing campaign, some of your data may be passed to this provider.
- To handle enquiries and complaints: It is in our interests to make sure that complaints are investigated so that our customers receive a high standard of service and we can prevent future complaints.
- To transfer your information to or share it with any organisation your account has been or may be transferred to following a restructure, sale or takeover of EVOGO Ltd or any of our trading styles.
Who the customers' data will be shared with
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (2018) and the General Data Protection Regulation (2018).
We may pass your information to other parts of our business and selected providers of our products and services such as the organisations that provide our chatbox and marketing services.
We will not pass your data to other third parties outside of those mentioned in this Privacy Notice.
Whether the data will be sent overseas
EVOGO Ltd will never send customer data outside the EEA.
When we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by the purpose for which we use that information and our legal and regulatory obligations.
Once we no longer require the information for the specified purposes for which it was collected or the purposes outlined below, we would either anonymise or delete the information. We would not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
Other determinants on the length of time that we retain your personal information are:
- The need to use your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims.
- The requirement by law for us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or to delete it sooner.
- Your decision to exercise your right to have the information erased (where this applies).
If you decide not to go ahead with your purchase or lease of a vehicle then we may still keep your information.
If your contact with us does not proceed beyond an enquiry alone, then we would delete your personal information immediately it becomes clear that you will not be proceeding.
As a customer of Mike Brewer Motors you have the following rights related to your data and how it's processed:
- The right to be informed - this means we must provide, at the point of collecting your data, a privacy notice (this document) informing you of how your personal information will be used.
- The right to access your personal information - this means that you have the right to know what information we hold on you, and to request a copy of it. This information is provided free of charge.
- The right to get inaccurately recorded information corrected.
- The right to erasure - this means that you can request that your personal data is deleted from our records, also referred to as 'the right to be forgotten'.
- The right to restrict how your personal information is used - this means that you have the right to object to how we use your personal information, including for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to receive your personal information in a legible and transferable format.
- The right to object to the use of your personal information.
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling - this means you have the right to refuse to your personal information being used to make a decision based on an automatic process without human intervention.
If you would like to make a Subject Access Request or exercise any of your other data rights then further information on how to do so can be found on our data rights page.
How customers make a complaint
Should you wish to make a complaint, you can do so by:
EVOGO Limited, 201 Upwell Street, Sheffield, S4 8AL
0114 250 60 80
If we do not handle your validated request within a month, you have the right of referral to the ICO who act as the data protection arbitrator.
Details of how to contact the ICO are at this web address ico.org.uk/global/contact-us
Keeping your data safe
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Our security measures are continually improved in line with technological developments.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Further information on how Cookies work and guidance on how to control their use when you visit our websites can be found in our Cookie Notice.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice was updated on 25th April 2019. We update our privacy notices from time to time to take account of changes to our business practice. As a result, we suggest you review it each time you provide any personal information.
Any changes we may make in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified elsewhere on the website.