The 4th generation Kia Sportage was released earlier this year and it’s safe to say we think it looks more stylish than ever.
The most noticeable changes have been made to the design of the front with a new style ‘tiger nose’ grille, the headlights feature higher up on the bonnet and the fog lights now form a bigger cluster. It’s also slightly longer than previous models, but this means the Sportage is more spacious than ever on the inside thanks to its ergonomically designed cockpit packed full of high spec features.
Both two and four wheel drive is available and the range of petrol and diesel engines which have been revised from the outgoing model to give better MPG and lower emissions.
The brand new 1.6 petrol engine is reserved for the GT-Line 4×4 option and gives you 174bhp and around 37mpg.
The Kia Sportage has been a popular choice in the Mike Brewer Motors dealerships this year so we’ve interviewed one of our recent customers, Andrew Smith from Stoke-on-Trent, to find out how he’s getting on with his new car:
What version of the Sportage have you got?
The 2.0 CRDi diesel
What’s your favourite feature on it?
It has to be the keyless technology. There’s a start button and buttons on the door handles so you don’t even have to take the key out of your pocket! The rear parking camera and all round sensors are awesome. We live up a tight lane and if the kids are playing up in the car then the sensors are a life saver when parking and maneuvering.
What’s it like to drive?
Once you get to grips with all the features it’s fantastic and very comfortable.
Can the boot fit in all the gear you need for the children?
Yes definitely. We have a Bugaboo pram, which is a large pram, and it fits in comfortably.
Is there anything you’d change about it?
There is no CD player so if you have some old favourites or a kids CD then you just need to get them downloaded to your phone and play them via Bluetooth.
We’ve got over 30 used and nearly new Kia Sportage in stock at our Sheffield and Luton dealerships.
The GT Line’s have proved very popular with our customers so we’ve summed up our favourite features that come with the GT Line:
• 19 inch Alloy Wheels B-Type
• Heated front and outer rear seats – a real treat in this cold weather!
• It has its own interior styling pack, which includes a leather, flat-bottomed, sports steering wheel and silver stitching on the upholstery.
• 6 speaker system and Bluetooth with Music Streaming
• 7” touch screen Sat Nav, which includes European Mapping and a handy Traffic Messaging Channel.
• The GT Line (as well as most of the other Kia Sportage grades) come with Kia Connected Services, which offer weather updates as well as the Sat Nav.
• The reversing and front parking sensors are extremely useful for getting in and out of tight parking spaces, or as Andrew said ‘tight lanes!’
• It’s also reassuring to know that it includes Kia’s Lane Keep Assist System, which alerts you if you start to stray from a lane without indicating.
“The latest Kia Sportage has an improved interior and better practicality, while a seven-year warranty adds to its list of selling points.”
If we’ve got you interested in a 4th generation Kia Sportage then have a browse of our stock or get in touch!